Data Governance Challenges
in Alternative Investments
Summary of important Data Governance and Master Data Management lessons learned
Request a copy of notes and lessons from a recent executive roundtable discussion with technology, business, and data governance experts from the alternative assets industry.
If you are thinking about challenges of Master Data Management and Data Governance, this document summarizes the important lessons learned by executives in the alternative assets industry.
Document highlights include...
- Multiple operational systems and tighter regulations have created major governance challenges…and opportunities!
- Alternative fund managers and technology executives are rethinking the extent, accuracy, ease of use, and governance of data as well as process flow management
- Internal data governance advocacy yields big improvements to customer experience, growth, and streamlined mergers and acquisitions
- Data aggregation and governance – typically tasks that existed outside main operational processes – are now crucial integrations to front-and-back office workflows
- Small steps now make a big impact later for daily investment management, risk management, compliance, internal controls, performance evaluation/attribution, portfolio accounting, regulatory and investor reporting